FOUR OAKS, WAYNE COUNTY - Wayne County deputies arrested two suspects who allegedly knocked over and damaged a Jesus Christ statue at a church.
Joseph Thompson Siler II, 22, of Dobbersville Road in Goldsboro, and Steve Hardy Futch, Jr., 16, of Selah Church Road in Goldsboro, were each charged with injury to personal property. They were being held under $500 secured bonds.
According to deputies, Siler and Futch knocked over and broke the Jesus Christ statue at Selah Christian Church in Four Oaks. Church officials reported the incident on Tuesday. The statue was worth about $500.
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots