NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Churchgoers in Craven County celebrate the memory of their pastor's death Saturday morning. The Temple Baptist Church in New Bern held a "A Life Celebration" service for their pastor, Steve Cobb, who died earlier this month.
Pastor Steven Cobb lost his battle to cancer on June 15th, according to the church website.
The church's Facebook page shows a quoted message from Pastor Cobb.
"There will be rumors of my demise, but they will be greatly exaggerated. For I will be more alive than ever before," Pastor Cobb said.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to a foundation for his cousin's eight-year-old daughter, Julia Cobb. She also lost her battle to cancer.
Donations can be made at: http://www.jucanfoundation.org/
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend