CRAVEN COUNTY - Authorities are looking for someone with fresh scars as part of the investigation into a church break-in.
Whoever broke into Kitt Swamp Christian Church, on Aurora Road near Ernul, went in through a broken window, according to Craven County deputies.
The glass shards badly cut the crook, based on the amount of blood left at the scene, investigators said.
The thief stole a 42" Phillips TV.
"When they break into the church, they're not stealing from the people," said church member Carolyn Nelson.
"They're stealing from God."
The break-in happened sometime Tuesday or Wednesday, according to deputies.
Crimestoppers is offering a reward.
Anyone with information is asked to call (252) 633-5141.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter