CRAVEN COUNTY - Authorities are looking for someone with fresh scars as part of the investigation into a church break-in.
Whoever broke into Kitt Swamp Christian Church, on Aurora Road near Ernul, went in through a broken window, according to Craven County deputies.
The glass shards badly cut the crook, based on the amount of blood left at the scene, investigators said.
The thief stole a 42" Phillips TV.
"When they break into the church, they're not stealing from the people," said church member Carolyn Nelson.
"They're stealing from God."
The break-in happened sometime Tuesday or Wednesday, according to deputies.
Crimestoppers is offering a reward.
Anyone with information is asked to call (252) 633-5141.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend