MAYSVILLE - A Saturday afternoon fire left a local man not able to live at his home, at least for now.
The fire happened in Maysville about 1:30 p.m., a fire official said.
The scene was on Highway 17, near the intersection with 8th Street in the Jones County town.
A fire official says it was a chimney fire.
The chimney now needs to be cleaned, and because the wood-burning stove is the only source of heat in the home, the man who lives in the affected home is staying with family.
No one was hurt.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating