MAYSVILLE - A Saturday afternoon fire left a local man not able to live at his home, at least for now.
The fire happened in Maysville about 1:30 p.m., a fire official said.
The scene was on Highway 17, near the intersection with 8th Street in the Jones County town.
A fire official says it was a chimney fire.
The chimney now needs to be cleaned, and because the wood-burning stove is the only source of heat in the home, the man who lives in the affected home is staying with family.
No one was hurt.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals