GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A 6-year-old and a 12-year-old who went missing during a treasure hunt game in Pitt County have been found.
According to investigators, 6-year-old Jack Creech and 12-year-old Dana Thomson were "geocaching" at the H. Boyd Lee Park on Corey Road in Greenville Monday afternoon when they disappeared. They had been missing for several hours before they were found safe before 5:30 p.m. Monday, police said.
Investigators are not suspecting foul play.
About 20 emergency vehicles, including both police and and deputy cruisers, were at the scene. A helicopter was helping authorities with the search.
The children's family members were at the scene as well.
"Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices," according to geocaching.com. "Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location."
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating