LUMBERTON, ROBESON COUNTY - Investigators say a Lumberton teen shot and killed a 28-year-old man after he argued with his ex-girlfriend over who should take care of their child.
Authorities said Brandon Sampson was shot in the neck Friday as he was driving away from his ex-girlfriend's home in Robeson County.
Deputies say the 17-year-old suspect fired the shot after he pulled into the yard of the home in a truck. Investigators didn't want to talk about the relationship between the teen and Sampson's ex-girlfriend.
The teen is charged as an adult with first-degree murder and is being held in the Robeson County jail. It wasn't known if he has a lawyer.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law