CRAVEN COUNTY - A trash fire is the likely cause of a shed blaze Saturday afternoon, according to Brad White, the chief at Dover Volunteer Fire Department.
Someone was burning trash without using a barrel along the 300 block of Sand Hill Road about 2:30 p.m., White said.
A shed caught fire, and the flames destroyed the structure.
Embers from the trash likely caught the shed on fire, White said.
No one was hurt.
White advised that anyone burning trash use a burn barrel.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing