CRAVEN COUNTY - A trash fire is the likely cause of a shed blaze Saturday afternoon, according to Brad White, the chief at Dover Volunteer Fire Department.
Someone was burning trash without using a barrel along the 300 block of Sand Hill Road about 2:30 p.m., White said.
A shed caught fire, and the flames destroyed the structure.
Embers from the trash likely caught the shed on fire, White said.
No one was hurt.
White advised that anyone burning trash use a burn barrel.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend