PIN HOOK - Fire has engulfed one of eight poultry houses on a Duplin County farm, according to the farm's owner. The newly-built chicken farm was scheduled to receive its first delivery of chickens next Thursday, but was empty of chickens at the time of the fire.
The owner tells us had the barn been full, it would have held 27,000 chickens.
The fire was first reported around 6:35 p.m., with EMS crews miles away from the scene. P. Bennett Farm is located on Batchelor Bay Road in Pin Hook.
Duplin County EMS has reported no one has been injured in the fire. Officials commented it is too early to determine if the fire is suspicious.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War