PIN HOOK - Fire has engulfed one of eight poultry houses on a Duplin County farm, according to the farm's owner. The newly-built chicken farm was scheduled to receive its first delivery of chickens next Thursday, but was empty of chickens at the time of the fire.
The owner tells us had the barn been full, it would have held 27,000 chickens.
The fire was first reported around 6:35 p.m., with EMS crews miles away from the scene. P. Bennett Farm is located on Batchelor Bay Road in Pin Hook.
Duplin County EMS has reported no one has been injured in the fire. Officials commented it is too early to determine if the fire is suspicious.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier