PIN HOOK - Fire has engulfed one of eight poultry houses on a Duplin County farm, according to the farm's owner. The newly-built chicken farm was scheduled to receive its first delivery of chickens next Thursday, but was empty of chickens at the time of the fire.
The owner tells us had the barn been full, it would have held 27,000 chickens.
The fire was first reported around 6:35 p.m., with EMS crews miles away from the scene. P. Bennett Farm is located on Batchelor Bay Road in Pin Hook.
Duplin County EMS has reported no one has been injured in the fire. Officials commented it is too early to determine if the fire is suspicious.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo