HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - One day after Camp Lejeune announced a reduction in services because of furloughs, MCAS Cherry Point is following suit.
The Havelock base announced Wednesday that due to the federally-mandated furloughs of civilian employees that will begin on July 8, a reduction in services is needed.
The list of the changes is not all-inclusive, but includes:
The Cherry Point Commissary: Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
DEERS/RAPIDS (CAC cards, dependent and retiree ID cards), Pass & ID: Reduced hours, 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Mondays-Fridays
Facilities Maintenance, the Distribution Management Office, the Naval Health Clinic, and Public Affairs will also be affected.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue