CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An electrical problem with a moving walkway sent smoke wafting through the international terminal at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, forcing officials to shut down a number of gates.
The Charlotte Observer reports (http://bit.ly/14Jp42O) nearly half the gates in Concourse E were closed Wednesday. By the evening, the airport had bussed roughly 150 passengers from five aircraft to avoid the concourse and were being bused to unaffected gates.
Concourse E handles many of USAirways regional jets.
Firefighters received an emergency call just before 5 p.m. No one was reported injured and airport officials say the incident has been contained.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month