A pub crawl was held in Surf City today to benefit the cabbie who was brutally beaten by a marine last Sunday.
According to the event's Facebook page, several restaurants donated a portion of their proceeds, had events such as 50/50s, and held silent auctions in order to pay for Charles Hawkesworth Jr.'s medical bills in light of the attack. There was also live music, all apart of what they're calling "Roving Band in the Sand/Benefit for Charles."
30-year-old Adam Kinosh has been charged in that brutal assault.
No word on how much money the event raised.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport