A pub crawl was held in Surf City today to benefit the cabbie who was brutally beaten by a marine last Sunday.
According to the event's Facebook page, several restaurants donated a portion of their proceeds, had events such as 50/50s, and held silent auctions in order to pay for Charles Hawkesworth Jr.'s medical bills in light of the attack. There was also live music, all apart of what they're calling "Roving Band in the Sand/Benefit for Charles."
30-year-old Adam Kinosh has been charged in that brutal assault.
No word on how much money the event raised.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction