ATLANTIC BEACH - A truck driver is facing misdemeanor death by motor vehicle charges in connection with a deadly crash involving a pedestrian back in November.
On Monday, the Atlantic Beach Police Department filed charges against Michael Bowden of Clinton. Police say Bowden hit Sue Cross of Raleigh as she attempted to cross NC 58 at the intersection of West Drive. Cross was in a marked pedestrian crosswalk when the tractor trailer hit her, according to a news release.
A woman has died after she was struck by a tractor trailer in Carteret County.
Sue Johnson Cross, of Raleigh, was hit by the tractor trailer as it was turning right onto West Drive from Fort Macon road in Atlantic Beach.
It happened at 11:55 a.m. on November, 9.
Cross was transported to Carteret General Hospital and later airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center where she died as a result of her injuries.
The collision is under investigation.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'