HARKERS ISLAND - Visitors to the Cape Lookout National Seashore now have additional help touring the area.
Officials say the seashore is now offering self-guided cellphone tours hosted by OnCell Systems.
Each set of stops offers the chance to take a guided tour with a park ranger at the visitor's pace and before or after the open hours of the park visitor centers, museums, and historic site exhibits.
Smartphones can access additional photos and additional information through the mobile tour website. Wooden posts mark the site of tour stops. Each marker includes the stop number, tour phone number, and a smartphone QR code for that stop.
The tour starts alongside the boardwalk at the Light Station Visitor Center and includes the Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'