EMERALD ISLE, CARTERET COUNTY - A Cedar Point man is accused of spitting on three Carteret County Detention Officers while he was being processed into jail.
Carteret County Deputies charged Yasir Majed Mohammed with three counts of malicious conduct by a prisoner on Saturday.
Mohammed was being booked into Carteret County jail after Emerald Isle Police said he caused a disturbance in the parking lot of the Emerald Club. He was charged with being intoxicated and disruptive in that incident.
Mohammed is being held in Carteret County Jail under a $10,000 bond. He is scheduled for his first court appearance Monday, July 29.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway