GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Firefighters in Greenville spent part of Saturday afternoon battling a house fire on the city's south side.
The scene was on Williamsburg Road, which is near the intersection of Evans Street and Greenville Boulevard.
The blaze started in the attic of the home, a fire official said.
Authorities got the call at approximately 3 p.m.; no one was at the home at that time.
No injuries were reported.
The fire is under investigation; the home was not declared a total loss.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating