LA GRANGE - Court officials say the case against a driver accused of causing a deadly crash was continued.
Fred Green of La Grange is charged with misdemeanor by a motor vehicle and traffic violation of an unsafe movement, court officials said; troopers say he caused a crash that killed a pregnant woman.
Green's pickup truck was seen in surveillance video pulling out in front of a tractor trailer that ran off the highway and hit a woman and her son. Troopers said the 18-wheeler likely swerved to avoid the pickup, causing the accident. Tiffany Smith, 22, died Sunday from injuries in the accident.
In a comment to News Channel 12, Green said of the accident, "I'm sorry for everything that happened," Green also added, "It was not my intention of doing that. I have children of my own. I love them very much. I didn't want to do anything to anyone else's children. I pray for that family."
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal