CARTERET COUNTY - A tornado warning was issued on Friday morning for Carteret County-- and even after it expired, the rain and lightening still came.
Friday's weather caused damage to homes and caused flooding.
On Harkers Island on Pintail Lane, six fire departments responded to a home after investigators believe it caught fire from a lightening strike. It took crews about 20 minutes to get the fire under control. The home is repairable and nobody was inside at the time, say fire officials.
Across the county were reports of flooding. We went to check out some of those reported streets, including Bridges Street, between 14th and 16th, in Morehead City. The city shut down the road because the water was so high.
At this time, there have been no reported injuries as a result of Friday's weather.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president