A Carteret County man is sentenced to at least ten months in prison on a drug conviction.
District Attorney Scott Thomas says Brandon Elps was originally arrested on a charge of conspiracy to sell and deliver cocaine.
Court documents show he was later charged with failing to appear on a felony charge when he fled the courthouse in Beaufort.
Elps was sentenced to 10 to 12 months in prison for the drug conviction.
He will be placed on two years probation after his release for the other crime.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria