BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County man has admitted to committing sex crimes against children over the span of many years.
Floyd Gaskill, 63, pleaded guilty in Beaufort Thursday morning to eight counts of indecent liberties with a child. He was sentenced to between 6 years and 8 months and 8 years and 4 months in prison. In addition, the judge ordered Gaskill to be on probation following his release and register as a sex offender.
Investigators said Gaskill committed sex crimes against four victims; two were molested in the past 4 years and two were molested in the 1990s.
Gaskill was arrested on Sept. 25. He was originally charged with nine counts of indecent liberties with a child.
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims
- Greenville completes Watershed Masterplan study to address drainage needs