FORT MILL, S.C. - Carowinds' parent company, Cedar Fair, shut down the WindSeeker ride at six of its amusement parks in the United States and Canada because riders have been stranded 300 feet in the air at least four times since June.
No serious injuries have occurred.
The rides have malfunctioned at three of the parks, including Carowinds in July. About two dozen riders were stranded.
Cedar Fair says the Windseeker ride has been closed because the safety system has been activated several times at various parks. Officials say the rides will remain closed until the internal review is completed.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station