Many of us could use a pick-me-up after the icy weather this week. And one way to get a bonafide sugar rush is to head to the Carolina Chocolate Festival in Morehead City this weekend.
You can satisfy your sweet tooth with chocolaty confections, including cake, candies, even chocolate-covered pretzels and chocolate-flavored coffees.
"A lot of excitement, a lot of pudding eating going on," said Chocolate Festival Director Judy Hailey. "A lot of things as far as chocolate delights to eat here or wait and have it for their Valentine sweetheart, but just a lot of charitable giving back and a lot of fun."
NewsChannel 12's Valentina Wilson sampled some of the sugary treats Friday night as one of three judges for the chocolate cake bakeoff.
Tickets are $8.00 for adults, $2.00 for kids 5-12, and free for children under 5. Proceeds will be a "sweet reward" for seven Carteret County charities.
The festival runs from 9 until 6 on Sat., Feb. 1, and from 10 until 3 on Sun., Feb. 2. NewsChannel 12 is a major sponsor.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball