VANCEBORO, CRAVEN COUNTY - Vanceboro Police charged a woman after a car-versus-utility pole accident that triggered a temporary power shutdown.
The accident happened Friday afternoon near the intersection of Highway 43 and New Street, according to Vanceboro Police Chief James Jenkins Jr.
The driver turned out of the Post Office, then hit the pole, Jenkins said.
The female driver's name was not available; she was charged with careless and reckless driving.
The crash had emergency crews on the scene for about six hours, Jenkins said.
Power to the area had to be cut for about 20 minutes as crews made repairs, Jenkins said.
The driver was not seriously hurt, Jenkins said.
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims
- Greenville completes Watershed Masterplan study to address drainage needs