EMERALD ISLE - A car hit a man as he was walking across the highway, Emerald Isle Police said.
The victim, 63 year old Jimmy Cooper, was struck while crossing the highway at the intersection of Emerald Drive and Bogue Inlet Drive just after 10 p.m. Friday.
The Emerald Isle resident was was taken to Carteret General Hospital, where he later died.
The accident was not a hit and run, police said.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend