Cape Lookout National Seashore is preparing for Hurricane Sandy
The seashore will remain open to the public, but visitors are advised against heading to the islands from Saturday to Monday, according to a park official.
Vehicle ferries will stop taking visitors to the islands starting Friday. Vehicle and passenger ferries are expected to stop operating on Saturday and may not resume operation until further notice.
Visitor centers on the islands will close from Saturday until Monday.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash