Cape Lookout National Seashore is preparing for Hurricane Sandy
The seashore will remain open to the public, but visitors are advised against heading to the islands from Saturday to Monday, according to a park official.
Vehicle ferries will stop taking visitors to the islands starting Friday. Vehicle and passenger ferries are expected to stop operating on Saturday and may not resume operation until further notice.
Visitor centers on the islands will close from Saturday until Monday.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan