Cape Lookout National Seashore is preparing for Hurricane Sandy
The seashore will remain open to the public, but visitors are advised against heading to the islands from Saturday to Monday, according to a park official.
Vehicle ferries will stop taking visitors to the islands starting Friday. Vehicle and passenger ferries are expected to stop operating on Saturday and may not resume operation until further notice.
Visitor centers on the islands will close from Saturday until Monday.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health