ARAPAHOE, PAMLICO COUNTY - Campers are being evacuated from Eastern North Carolina to avoid Hurricane Arthur.
Campers from Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer are being taken to Raleigh to avoid severe weather. The camps are located in Arapahoe, in Pamlico County, on the Neuse River.
The campers will be staying at three Wake County Public School Systems, for what the camp says it expects to just be an overnight trip.
Games and activities are planned for the campers during their adventure to Raleigh.
Camp officials are asking parents not to visit or take their children out of the program during this time.
Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer hope to return to Arapahoe after the storm passes on Friday.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals