ARAPAHOE, PAMLICO COUNTY - Campers are being evacuated from Eastern North Carolina to avoid Hurricane Arthur.
Campers from Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer are being taken to Raleigh to avoid severe weather. The camps are located in Arapahoe, in Pamlico County, on the Neuse River.
The campers will be staying at three Wake County Public School Systems, for what the camp says it expects to just be an overnight trip.
Games and activities are planned for the campers during their adventure to Raleigh.
Camp officials are asking parents not to visit or take their children out of the program during this time.
Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer hope to return to Arapahoe after the storm passes on Friday.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters