ARAPAHOE, PAMLICO COUNTY - Campers are being evacuated from Eastern North Carolina to avoid Hurricane Arthur.
Campers from Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer are being taken to Raleigh to avoid severe weather. The camps are located in Arapahoe, in Pamlico County, on the Neuse River.
The campers will be staying at three Wake County Public School Systems, for what the camp says it expects to just be an overnight trip.
Games and activities are planned for the campers during their adventure to Raleigh.
Camp officials are asking parents not to visit or take their children out of the program during this time.
Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer hope to return to Arapahoe after the storm passes on Friday.
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: ISIS claims blast that killed 22 at Ariana Grande concert
- Updated Craven County teenager facing rape and kidnapping charges
- Pamlico County man bitten by Lone Star Tick talks about struggles
- Jacksonville couple facing felony animal cruelty charges
- Residents call foul on geese carnage