CAMP LEJEUNE - Camp Lejeune was scheduled to host a remembrance of World War II for military veterans and their families Thursday.
Activities were expected to begin at 9 a.m. with live demonstrations of amphibious transportation, static displays of military vehicles and displays of military gear.
Active duty Marines from the 2nd Marine Division were slated to discuss their work and capabilities.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction