CAMP LEJEUNE - Camp Lejeune officials said mercury was found in a pipe in a water treatment plant on base.
The discovery happened last Saturday, according to a release, during routine maintenance. The pipe is at the Hadnot Point Water Treatment Plant and has since been taken offline. Tests show no mercury was found in the water supply.
Due to federal regulations, Camp Lejeune's water is tested every three years. The most recent test was in May of this year; during that examination, no mercury was found in the water.
- New Greenville woman suing Anheuser-Busch for unauthorized use of her photo
- Updated US troops wounded on the front lines in Mosul
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill