JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A group of Camp Lejeune Marines are scheduled to return from deployment Wednesday.
On Tuesday, a group of Marines from the 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment returned to Eastern Carolina for the first time in months. An additional group will be coming back to Camp Lejeune Wednesday morning, base officials said.
The 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment has seen action overseas since 2000. It's history includes:
April to May 2000
Echo company and elements of H&S (STA) deploy to Kosovo and take part in Operation Dynamic Response.
Feb. 2003 to May 2003
The entire battalion deployed and took part in Operation Enduring Freedom.
Aug. 2003 to Apr. 2004
The entire battalion deployed to Okinawa, Japan for a UDP. 2/6 became a part of 4th Marines.
Aug. 2004 to Jul . 2005
The entire battalion becomes part of the 4th MEB and acts as the Anti Terrorism Force for the US.
Sept. 2005 to Apr. 2006
The entire battalion deployed to Fallujah Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport