CAMP LEJEUNE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Camp Lejeune Marine pleaded guilty Wednesday in connection with a video showing him and seven other Marines urinating on Taliban corpses in Afghanistan.
The Marine Corps Times reports Sgt. Robert Richards pleaded guilty in summary court-martial at Camp Lejeune, N.C. for failing to obey a lawful order and violating Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Sgt. Richards was one of eight Marines to face disciplinary action in connection with the video, according to the Marine Corps Times. It also said Sgt. Richards will take a reduction of rank to Corporal as part of his punishment, but he will keep his medical retirement benefits.
To read more on this story Click Here.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth