CAMP LEJEUNE - A Camp Lejeune-based Marine is killed in combat Tuesday in Afghanistan. The Department of Defense announced Wednesday the Marine died supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. Justin M. Hansen, 26, of Traverse City, Michigan, died July 24 while conducting combat operations in Badghis province, Afghanistan.
Hansen was assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion at Camp Lejeune.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position