CAMP LEJEUNE - A Camp Lejeune-based Marine is killed in combat Tuesday in Afghanistan. The Department of Defense announced Wednesday the Marine died supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. Justin M. Hansen, 26, of Traverse City, Michigan, died July 24 while conducting combat operations in Badghis province, Afghanistan.
Hansen was assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion at Camp Lejeune.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting