CAMP LEJEUNE - A Camp Lejeune-based Marine is killed in combat Tuesday in Afghanistan. The Department of Defense announced Wednesday the Marine died supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. Justin M. Hansen, 26, of Traverse City, Michigan, died July 24 while conducting combat operations in Badghis province, Afghanistan.
Hansen was assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion at Camp Lejeune.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County