WILMINGTON - A Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune was killed Saturday night in a fatal motorcycle wreck in Wilmington, police said Sunday.
Police said 22-year-old Jonathan P. Hatch was on Carolina Beach Road, around 9 p.m., headed toward downtown. That's when Hatch headed into a curve at the crossover where the road, Burnett Boulevard, and Third Street converge. Hatch hit the median, sustaining fatal injuries as a result, police said.
The investigation into the wreck is ongoing.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating