AFGHANISTAN - A Camp Lejeune Marine who was a recipient of a Purple Heart was killed in Afghanistan, officials said.
Master Sgt. Aaron Torian, 36, died Saturday from injuries he suffered while conducting combat operations, said military officials.
Torian, originally from Paducah, Ky., was a Purple Heart recipient. He was assigned to the 2nd Marine Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Regiment, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command at Camp Lejeune.
His other awards included the Navy Commendation Medal with Combat Distinguishing Device, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon with gold star, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with three stars, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Afghanistan Campaign, and the Good Conduct Medal.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday