CAMP LEJEUNE - A Marine based at Camp Lejuene died in a car accident in South Carolina, according to a Camp Lejeune Public Affairs Officer.
Corporal Kevin A. Dabrowski, 24, of Webster, Mass., died Aug 11th after his vehicle was involved in an accident in Florence County, S.C., said 2nd Marine Division Public Affairs Officer 1st Lt Kristen McCarthy.
Dabrowski was a rifleman with 1st Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division. He joined the Marine Corps in September 2006 and was promoted to his current rank in May 2010. Dabrowski's awards include the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Unit Commendation, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon and NATO ISAF Medal.
The command, in accordance with policies governing all non-combat fatalities, is conducting an investigation. The incident is also currently under investigation by the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend