Wilmington police said a Camp Lejeune Marine died in a motorcycle wreck Saturday night.
Detective Kevin Smith said the single-motorcycle wreck happened on the 1700 block of Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday. Smith said the Marine, whose identity is not being released until the next-of-kin are identified, died on scene.
Investigators said the Marine was traveling north on Carolina Beach Road, near the intersection of Burnett Boulevard, when he hit a median and was ejected from the motorcycle.
The cause of the wreck is still under investigation.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'