Wilmington police said a Camp Lejeune Marine died in a motorcycle wreck Saturday night.
Detective Kevin Smith said the single-motorcycle wreck happened on the 1700 block of Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday. Smith said the Marine, whose identity is not being released until the next-of-kin are identified, died on scene.
Investigators said the Marine was traveling north on Carolina Beach Road, near the intersection of Burnett Boulevard, when he hit a median and was ejected from the motorcycle.
The cause of the wreck is still under investigation.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return