SNEADS FERRY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies said a drunk Camp Lejeune Marine started a fire at a home with people still inside.
According to Onslow County investigators, 24-year-old Mark Alkire broke into a home on Fulcher Landing Road in Sneads Ferry early Sunday morning. The people inside the home told Alkire to leave. But the suspect used a lighter to set the molding around the front door on fire, deputies said.
Alkire blew a .22 on a breathalyzer after he was arrested, said deputies. He was charged with first-degree arson, injury to real property, and breaking and entering. Alkire was being held under a $75,000 bond.
The residents inside the home told deputies they did not know the suspect.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates