ONSLOW COUNTY - Our local military is helping in the international efforts to protect Libyan citizens from Muammar Gadhafi's harm.
The 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit aircraft has joined the task force of what is being called Odyssey Dawn. Stikes from local Harriers against Gadhafi's ground forces and air defenses started Sunday morning.
"Protecting the innocent and conducting combined operations are what we are designed to do. Our forces are doing both as part of the U.S. commitment to protect Libyan citizens," said Col. Mark Desens, The commanding officer of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station