CAMP LEJEUNE - A 26-year-old Marine from upstate New York has been killed in Afghanistan.
Relatives of Lance Cpl. Anthony Denier tell Albany-area media outlets he was killed by enemy fire on Sunday. Denier was from the Saratoga County city of Mechanicville and joined the Marines 18 months ago.
He was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and was deployed to Afghanistan in October with Third Battalion, 9th Marines, Regimental Combat Team No. 7 of the First Marine Division Forward.
His body is expected to be returned to the U.S. on Tuesday.
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots