JACKSONVILLE - Many area military families will receive holiday meals, courtesy Operation Homefront Carolinas.
The organization will distribute 300 meal kits, which include all the grocery items necessary for a full holiday meal, to lower and mid-grade ranking military families at Camp Lejeune.
Operation Homefront will distribute the meals from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, December 11 at Jacksonville Commons, 100 Recreation Lane in Jacksonville.
Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit with more than 4,500 volunteers who provide emergency and other assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War