JACKSONVILLE - Many area military families will receive holiday meals, courtesy Operation Homefront Carolinas.
The organization will distribute 300 meal kits, which include all the grocery items necessary for a full holiday meal, to lower and mid-grade ranking military families at Camp Lejeune.
Operation Homefront will distribute the meals from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, December 11 at Jacksonville Commons, 100 Recreation Lane in Jacksonville.
Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit with more than 4,500 volunteers who provide emergency and other assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her