CARTERET COUNTY - Police in Beaufort arrested a man believed to have stolen 100 pounds of shrimp, right off a docked boat.
Ryan Michael Adams, 34, was arrested after investigators said the theft was caught on camera.
Adams, of Beaufort, allegedly stole the shrimp late Tuesday night off trawler "Miss Darlene" at Homer Smith Seafood on Cedar Street in Beaufort.
Tommy Lewis is the boat's captain and spent three days on the water to catch the shrimp.
"It makes [me] pretty mad," Lewis said of the theft.
He installed a camera on board after two similar thefts in the past two weeks.
"I just don't like thieves," Lewis said. "I work too hard."
Adams was arrested on Wednesday, and was scheduled for a first court appearance Thursday morning.
The suspect is a fisherman himself and tried to resell the shrimp as his own, police said.
Adams could not be reached for comment.
Adams was out of jail on bond; someone who answered the door at his home said he was not at the residence and did not know how he could be reached.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son