WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman G. K. Butterfield has been appointed to a key U. S. House subcommittee.
The North Carolina Democrat will serve on the House Energy and Commerce Committee's Subcommittee on Communications and Technology.
The subcommittee oversees all electronic communications, including mobile, satellite, and emergency systems.
Butterfield's appointment fills the vacancy created when Massachusetts Congressman Edward Markey was elected to the U. S. Senate.
- Updated ISIS in Southeast Asia: Philippines battles growing threat
- Updated British Airways disruption continues for third day after IT system crash
- Updated Pitt Co. Deputy and wife hurt in motorcycle crash
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Seaching for suspect following several larcenies in Snow Hill