WASHINGTON, DC - North Carolina Senator Richard Burr is one of three U. S. Senate Republicans proposing an alternative to the Affordable Care Act.
The alternative eliminates most government-imposed coverage mandates and offers tax breaks to help those with lower incomes obtain coverage.
Sens. Orrin Hatch of Utah, Tom Coburn of Oklahoma and Burr said Monday in a written statement that their goal is to reduce health care costs and increase access to affordable, high quality care.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte