WASHINGTON, DC - North Carolina Senator Richard Burr is one of three U. S. Senate Republicans proposing an alternative to the Affordable Care Act.
The alternative eliminates most government-imposed coverage mandates and offers tax breaks to help those with lower incomes obtain coverage.
Sens. Orrin Hatch of Utah, Tom Coburn of Oklahoma and Burr said Monday in a written statement that their goal is to reduce health care costs and increase access to affordable, high quality care.
- Updated Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Updated Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies
- Potential Solar Farm stirring up controversy in Jones County
- Onslow County teachers participate in MindUP training