LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police have arrested a burglary suspect after tracing his movements from a GPS monitor he wore while allegedly commiting the crime.
A police statement says 48-year-old Wilbert Matheney was arrested last week on suspicion of stealing a laptop computer from a woman in a Sylmar home in August.
Neighbors told detectives that the burglar's description matched that of a local man and mentioned that there was a group home for sexual offenders two blocks away.
Investigators determined that many of the convicted sex offenders in the home — including Matheney — wore monitors. Police say data from Matheny's ankle bracelet put him in the home at the time of the burglary.
He's being held without bail.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.