LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police have arrested a burglary suspect after tracing his movements from a GPS monitor he wore while allegedly commiting the crime.
A police statement says 48-year-old Wilbert Matheney was arrested last week on suspicion of stealing a laptop computer from a woman in a Sylmar home in August.
Neighbors told detectives that the burglar's description matched that of a local man and mentioned that there was a group home for sexual offenders two blocks away.
Investigators determined that many of the convicted sex offenders in the home — including Matheney — wore monitors. Police say data from Matheny's ankle bracelet put him in the home at the time of the burglary.
He's being held without bail.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog