GREENVILLE - Greenville Police responded to the reports of gunshots being fired in the parking lot of 100 Brookwood Dr. in Greenville Monday at 11:52 pm.
At the scene officers found 29-year-old Kaiwanna Langley was shot in the buttocks and torso. Langley was treated at Vidant Medical Center. Her condition does not appear to be life-threatening.
Tyshevia Barksdale told police an intoxicated man was in the area with a shotgun. The man began shooting at her car as she and Langley were trying to leave, and Langley was struck.
It was also reported additional shots were fired by the suspect that went through an apartment and struck Lytisha Blow in the foot as she was lying on her sofa.
A 15-year-old juvenile was found shot in the leg. The juvenile ran from the area but was located by police later. His injuries are not serious.
Detectives from the Greenville Police Department's Major Crimes Unit came to the scene and were conducting an investigation with detectives from the GPD Gang Unit.
Detectives have developed several leads and possible suspects, and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
The shooting suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion. He is about 5'8" tall and has dreadlocks. No further description was provided.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.