WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - At 8:50 P.M. Wednesday a one-story tobacco warehouse collapsed at 400 North Bridge Street in Beaufort County.
Officials in Washington say that no one was hurt as a result of the falling structure. At the time, there wasn't any businesses occupying the building.
NewsChannel 12 was told that this collapse was not a result of a fire.
Investigators were on the scene Thursday morning along side police and fire officials, to determine the exact cause of why this building fell.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica