UNION COUNTY, N.C. - Authorities in Union County say a brother of country singer Randy Travis has been arrested after sheriff's deputies found a methamphetamine lab inside his home.
Investigators with the sheriff's office searched the home of 50-year-old David Traywick Tuesday and said they found a working meth lab.
Deputies arrested Traywick, his wife, Jessica, and two other women, charging them with conspiracy to traffic meth. David and Jessica Traywick were jailed under a $500,000 bond apiece and were scheduled to appear in court Wednesday. It couldn't be determined if either person has an attorney.
Last September, deputies arrested Traywick for allegedly cooking meth in a makeshift lab near his home in Marshville.
Travis is in a Texas hospital, where he's recovering from surgery following a stroke.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal