EMERALD ISLE - Drivers taking the Emerald Isle bridge will have to share one lane until at least May.
Crews have started a project which involves the replacement of bridge joints and road resurfacing.
One lane of the bridge will be closed 24 hours a day on weekends. Both lanes will be open to traffic again on Friday at 7 p.m., and will remain open until Sunday 7 p.m.
There will be other closures and delays with this project until its expected completion on May 23, 2013.
The DOT has asked drivers to pay attention to all signs in the area for any changes.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County