A member of the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department has been shot and hospitalized, the Dallas Police Department said today.
A Dallas Fire-Rescue EMT Unit was shot at and a paramedic was injured; a paramedic is undergoing surgery at a local hospital, officials say.
Dallas city officials tell ABC news the site where the shooting occurred "remains an active scene."
Several streets are closed and the scene remains active, police said.
ABC affiliate WFAA reports that police have surrounded a home.
This story is developing. Please check back for more updates.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving
- Local candidate might win election by a single vote
- Cops and Barbers program aims to put more turkeys on tables for those in need
- Greenville Police officer arrested, charged with misdemeanor larceny