MORGANTON, N.C. - Police say a man beat his girlfriend, her adult son with special needs and a family friend to death at a home in Morganton.
Police Chief Ronnie Rector said at a news conference Monday that murder warrants have been issued for 56-year-old Donald Kincaid. Rector says Kincaid is in protective custody, but didn't provide details.
Rector says paramedics called police after getting a strange 911 call asking for help around 1 a.m. Sunday. The chief says 54-year-old Barbara Johnson, her 21-year-old son Freddie Thompson and 75-year-old family friend Zakiya El Day were found dead inside.
Rector says the killing was some kind of domestic dispute. He says the bodies are being sent for autopsies, but the victims likely were beaten to death.
It wasn't known if Kincaid had a lawyer.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects