MORGANTON, N.C. - Police say a man beat his girlfriend, her adult son with special needs and a family friend to death at a home in Morganton.
Police Chief Ronnie Rector said at a news conference Monday that murder warrants have been issued for 56-year-old Donald Kincaid. Rector says Kincaid is in protective custody, but didn't provide details.
Rector says paramedics called police after getting a strange 911 call asking for help around 1 a.m. Sunday. The chief says 54-year-old Barbara Johnson, her 21-year-old son Freddie Thompson and 75-year-old family friend Zakiya El Day were found dead inside.
Rector says the killing was some kind of domestic dispute. He says the bodies are being sent for autopsies, but the victims likely were beaten to death.
It wasn't known if Kincaid had a lawyer.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated