GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say a 9-year-old boy called 911 to report a shooting that killed his mother and a man inside their Greensboro home. Investigators said the boy made the call about 3 a.m. Friday after he woke up to hear his mother arguing with the man, telling him to "stop it" at one point. Police said 33-year-old Christina Marie Maxa-Gross and 32-year-old Noah Adams were shot to death in a bedroom. Detectives are calling the death a homicide, but won't give details. They do say they are not looking for a shooter. In the 911 call, the boy can be heard asking his mom to talk to him and telling the operator her eyes keep getting bigger. He also says there is a lot of blood on the floor.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated FSU football player wins hearts sharing lunch
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list