JONES COUNTY - Customers of the Jones County Regional Water System are advised to boil their water before use, according to a statement released Sunday.
A possible water main break is to blame for low water pressure and water outages, officials said.
All this could affect the safety of the water when it's back on, so officials ask that customers boil it for one minute before using the water.
Officials also are asking people on the system to conserve water during this problem.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Updated One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend